The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

Tuesday, June 10, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year




Winger by Andrew Smith - [My Review] Truly unforgettable. Ryan Dean is now one of my favourite characters ever. 

We Were Liars by E.Lockhart - [My Review] An example of pretty much perfect writing. The prose was simple, the story was spectacular. 

Chasing Forever Down by Nikki Godwin - I only finished this the other day but it's still in my head. The friendships in this story were beautifully written. Oh and there was lots of surfing! Always a plus.

How To Ruin A Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles - [My Review] Another beautiful story about friendship and cultural heritage. Funny too.

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - [My Review] - Perfect perfect perfect! If you've never read it, get a copy right away.

What's Up With Jody Barton? by Hayley Long - [My Review] - The twist would have been enough but Hayley Long also created a lovely family and portrays a London that is true to many of us here but doesn't often feature in London centric novels. 


Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Epic. If you want to read a wonderful love story AND really learn what it's like to be a black woman in the 21st century, grab yourself a copy of this award winning novel. Or you can wait until Lupita's film version. 

Life In Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina by Misty Copeland - I seem to be ballet obsessed this year and this book helped add some real life perspective. A true story of triumph and genius. Hopefully one day I'll see Misty Copeland perform in real life.

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - [My Review] - Hands down the best rom-com I've read in years. 

Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney - [My Review] - Brutally honest and extremely witty this book is great for teens and twenty-somethings.

8 comments

  1. I liked Never Have I Ever and Rosie Project--both were good, fun reads! I like the sound of Americanah--on to the TBR list it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Americanah is amazing - prepare to be wowed!

      Delete
  2. I ordered Winger and it got stolen in the mail. I was so upset. Hopefully I can get another copy because I really would love to read it! I also have my eyes on The Rosie Project which I've heard good things about and We Were Liars. Great picks! Thanks for dropping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's terrible! I hope you get another copy because it's a great book.

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to read Winger and We Were Liars, so I'm glad you liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great examples of mature and extremely well written YA. Hopefully all the new YA fans, thanks to TFIOS, will discover them both.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the books on your list, but they sound interesting! I may have to add one or two of them to my TBR pile!

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've liked about this week's TTT - all the lists are so varied. Not so great if, like me, you're trying to cull your TBR list!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!