The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Holiday Road Trip- Day Four

Saturday, December 29, 2012






Best in YA Films/Television


Well, obviously the number one would have to be Gossip Girl. Just the other day, we said a final goodbye to our favourite Upper East Siders. Gossip Girl has been so much a part of my life, so needless to say I sat through the finale with a lump in my throat -especially that part where they all ran up- or maybe down- the steps of The Met to It’s Time by Imagine Dragons. In fact, here’s the song so we can all have a little weep:




Anyway, back to the task at hand, other YA films/television of note this year have been:

Switched at Birth- whilst I was on holiday, the new season was due to start so we watched the marathon. Now, we don’t have this show in the UK but I really hope E4- or somebody similar- buys it because it is a little gem. I usually have the TV on in the background whilst reading/writing or whatever but I had to actually watch Switched at Birth due to the sign language subtitles and it really made a difference.

The Amazing Spider-Man- this was so full of teenage angst and humour. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone really added a new spark to the Spider-Man franchise.

Hart of Dixie- ok, so technically Rachel Bilson's latest vehicle is not really about teens but the main characters are young enough to qualify and they often interact with teenagers. Plus, it is on The CW. I don’t think there has been  such a fun, small town show like this since Gilmore Girls- please, correct me if I’m wrong. Burt Reynolds *in my best Lavon voice*! 


Best Music to Write To/ Be Inspired By


Difficult question, as it depends on what I am writing. However, these have been on constant rotation throughout the year.

All of the Lights & Runaway- Kanye West  




Smoke & Mirrors- Gotye




Help I’m Alive- Metric 



2 comments

  1. I LOVE Hart of Dixie! It's so fun and not crazy dramatic, and the boys are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-so much fun and quite sweet too. Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!