The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

It Is Decided: Take Two

Friday, March 21, 2014

I never get to do What's Up Wednesday. This is mainly because I never have anything to contribute to the writing section but that might change soon - hurrah - so I might give it a go next week. Keep a look out. In the meantime, here's a roundup of everything that's been happening of late.

Reading

  • I'm currently reading You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz. It's quite slow and it probably doesn't help that I've been reading it at night but I'm persevering because the story is quite interesting and I enjoyed Admission. 
  • I received my first ever Netgalley copies - yay - and reviewed them here - The Summer I Found You and Tease
  • I reviewed Winger, which I LOVED LOVED LOVED. 

Writing



I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo in April. What I'm writing is in no way groundbreaking or even that interesting but it will be an exercise in endurance and commitment. I've been trying to write this particular one for years, so I just want to get a draft done for peace of mind.

Find me here if you're doing it too. I haven't requested specific cabin buddies or anything as I was actually considering going lone wolf but I think it would be nice to have some people to talk to about it. 

Choons


I've been cultivating a Camp NaNoWriMo playlist, which has been fun. I've also been listening to Vic Mensa and Chance the Rapper, Tame Impala, Little Dragon, and Childish Gambino. I've also rekindled my love with Metric. 

The Somerset House Summer Series tickets were released so my sis and I are going to Clean Bandit. I wanted to go to Little Dragon too but couldn't find a gig buddy. If you know anyone in London who loves music, send them my way - seriously. I'm fed up of missing out on gigs and festivals - I'm far too young to be losing my edge!

Everything Else


  • Karl Largefeld said some nice things about Queen Elizabeth (Celebitchy)
  • Divergent isn't out over here until next month, and I'm not Hunger Games style excited to watch it, but Shailene Woodley has been giving some funny, endearing interviews during the press tour (Lainey Gossip)
  • Sarah Harian perfectly described the way I feel about New Adult (YA Highway)
  • Did you enjoy the Veronica Mars movie? I was just glad it was available on iTunes so I could watch it from the comfort of my own home. They should do this for more films. Obviously not your Captain America or Divergent but the smaller films might benefit from this. The cinema just isn't the same anymore, so this option would be a bonus for film lovers like myself. I'd quite happily pay 13.99 to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel in my house. (TIME
  • IT'S FUG MADNESS TIME! (Go Fug Yourself)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!