- I'm still kind of in a reading slump. I've read but not necessarily enjoyed a couple of books since the last update. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamine Alire Saenz was really good though.
- I'm currently reading: Well, trying to read, Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. Parts of it are almost charming but then there are other parts that I wish I hadn't read. I don't think I'll finish it.
- I've been listening to all sorts as usual. I made a NaNoWriMo playlist but that might not be needed anymore...we'll get to that.
- I really enjoyed Kauai by Childish Gambino.
- 1,2,1,2 by George the Poet is brilliant. Great lyrics. Give it a listen if you need a bit of a pep talk.
- Ohhhh and I caved and bought Taylor Swift's album. It's not bad but I don't love it. I prefer Red.
- Yeah so I don't think I'm going to 'win' this year. I'm really far behind already and just can't get into it. I think I'll just use this month to at least think about writing - if not actually writing - something everyday and not necessarily the project I started.
- I hate to give up after the first hurdle but there are too many other things going on at the moment.
And The Rest...
- FKA Twigs gave a really cute, humble, real interview to Rookie Mag. I want to be her friend.
- Is it me or is ballet everywhere this year? There's a documentary about the Bolshoi on Sky Arts (featuring one of my old lecturers!). There's a trailer for a documentary about the New York City Ballet (and I was really proud of myself when I recognised some of the dancers thanks to AOL's series city.ballet).
- The Hollywood Reporter revealed their 35 under 35. The bit on Millenial assistants was interesting.
- On the telly box: Given up on Gotham but love The Flash. So much so, I've decided to give Arrow another go.
- I watched Chef yesterday and was thoroughly entertained. It's funny and sweet and has a great soundtrack.
So, what have you been up to?