I thought this was going to be an easy list to create but I was wrong! Standalone books are obviously standalone for a reason, so I've mostly chosen books where I'd like an epilogue or something to find out what has happened to the memorable characters.
1. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - Everyone wants to know what happened to the charming Cassandra, right?
2. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E.Lockhart - Frankie seems to be a polarising character but I loved her.
3. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - How has Lennie grown? What's going on in her life these days?
4. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers - Well, this all depends on what you think happened in the last scene. I, for one, am trying to remain positive.
5. The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides - Took a while to get into but towards the end it seemed that Madeleine's story was only just beginning.
6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - Did Samantha and Jace last? How are the kids doing?
7. Commencement by J.Courtney Sullivan - Actually, this one could do with a full on, proper sequel. So much can be done with the characters.
8. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt - I'd like to see Jordan and Courtney: The College Years.
9. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols - Again, just a check in with Leah and the guys would be nice.
10. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple - There's a lot of potential for a witty sequel here.