The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Christmas is here, bringing good cheer

Sunday, December 8, 2013

I saw this article on Hellogiggles about the best Christmas songs and I also heard Leona Lewis's new Christmas song which is brilliant, so I just had to put in my two pence. Here are my favourite Christmas songs and Christmas carols. What are your favourites?
  • Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney - This song always reminds me of being a child and the Christmas decorations that looked like this
  • Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon - Again, reminds me of my childhood. It's a sad one  but I can't imagine Christmas without it.
  • Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid (1984 version) - Again, I cannot imagine Christmas without this. I lost count of the number of times we had to sing it at school!
  • Millenium Prayer by Cliff Richard - Good old Cliff reminding us what Christmas is about. We sang this at school.
  • Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano - A new entry really. Last Christmas Eve eve we were in Amsterdam and this was playing in a rather dodgy, unironicaly retro diner we visited for breakfast. It was the kind of scene where had it been a movie there would've been a shoot out or something halfway through the song. 
  • Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams - Reminds me of the Christmases we spent in the States, which were brilliant (except for the lack of roast potatoes at Christmas dinner. American friends, why do you not like roast potatoes?) Oh and of course - Ellen's Twelve Days of Giveaways!
  • Last Christmas by Wham! - This should be on everybody's list. You just have to do the little shoulder shuffle dance whilst it's on. 
  • Carol of the Bells - I love this when it is done properly (like in Home Alone) but sometimes it can be too frenetic verging on hysterical. I like the Bird and the Bee version too.
  • Winter Wonderland by Various - Obviously. 
  • Little Drummer Boy - For the "rum pa pa pum" bits. I loved singing this. 
  • Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie - Another childhood one with a "da da dum dum" bit. 
  • O Holy Night - My favourite carol ever. Also in Home Alone - can you guess my favourite Christmas film?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!