The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Final Summer Reading Check-In

Monday, September 1, 2014





So here we are, the end of summer. Summer wasn't great for me - I've been ill for all of it and the weather turned nasty over here, but reading really helped. I didn't get much further with the YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge except for: reading a book with summer in the title, Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (review here); reading a biography/meomoir - #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso, which was brilliant; and I read a number of books that could be considered a freebie but I'll choose Ten Girls To Watch by Charity Shumway, which was also brilliant. Reviews of both to come. As I said previously, I've read some wonderful books this summer. The standouts from this challenge were Landline and Open Road Summer. Standouts from outside the challenge were I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terril, Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid, and the two surfing novels I chanced upon: Blue by Lisa Glass and Chasing Forever Down by Nikki Godwin.



What's been your standout read of summer 2014?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!