Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - I've only read Americanah but I loved it and vowed to read more. I'll probably pick up Half of a Yellow Sun next (or watch the film, ahem).
- Abigail Haas - Only read Dangerous Girls. Seen Dangerous Boys has been released. Need to get it ASAP.
- Laurie Halse Anderson - I only got round to reading Speak this year and was, predictably, moved. Her books aren't easy to get hold of over here but I think I'll try The Impossible Knife of Memory next. What do you think?
- Jess Walter - My only encounter with Mr Walter's work has been Beautiful Ruins, which I adored. I'm not sure which one to choose next.
- Tanya Byrne - I follow Tanya Byrne on Twitter and I'm ashamed to say I've only read Heart-Shaped Bruise. Follow Me Down has been on my TBR list for too long - I will get it in the next batch.
- Maggie O'Farrell - Instructions for a Heatwave is my one and only Maggie O'Farrell but The Hand That First Held Mine has been on my TBR list since I was writing them all down in a notebook and that was ageees ago.
- Favel Parrett - Past The Shallows knocked me for six but I'm still after more from Favel Parrett. A very, very talented writer.
- Matthew Quick - I really enjoyed The Silver Linings Playbook - more than the film, although I measured them in different ways because it was far from a faithful adaptation - so I'd love to read more from Matthew Quick. Luckily, there's lots to choose from!
- Lorraine Zago Rosenthal - Other Words For Love was brilliant. I'm looking forward to reading New Money.