The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Autumn TBR List

Tuesday, September 23, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is: Top Ten Books On My Autumn TBR List.

To be honest, I'm still working through some of my spring and summer lists but these are some of the books that have caught my eye. 




Yes Please by Amy Poehler - Of course I'm going to read Amy Poehler's book! Of course, of course. 

Get Even by Gretchen McNeil - This has been compared to Pretty Little Liars and I loved those books as a teenager (we don't get the show over here). Sounds like a good one. 

Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho - I like these X & Y friendship stories in the vein of Nick, Norah et al. I like the names already. Oh and it's set in the 90's. Seems like a possible winner. 

The News Sorority by Sheila Weller - I like to watch documentaries like this, so I'll try reading something similar. 

Never Can Say Goodbye by Sari Botton - I haven't read the first anthology about leaving New York but as a big fan of the city, I guess it'll be good to start with this one! Then again, maybe I'll get round to reading the first one before this one is published. 

Science...For Her! by Megan Amram - The cover is funny and the idea sounds fun. One for the train I think.

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian - I've been waiting to read this ever since finishing Fire with Fire! Can't wait to see how the series is resolved. 

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern Also known as Where Rainbows End. This is coming out in cinemas soon starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin. I doubt I'll see it in the cinema but I'm sure I'll get it on DVD. I like these kinds of stories. Plus, I've never read a Cecelia Ahern book - I started PS I Love You but couldn't get into it. 

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - Everyone is raving about this one, including Lainey Gossip and I tend to read what she recommends. Except for those NA novels (and that's nothing against NA, I'm currently enjoying Megan Erickson's Make It Right). Anyway, 

For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfreund - This is one book I'll definitely read this autumn. It's been on my list for ages and I've made an executive decision to finally cross it off. 

3 comments

  1. yessss to I'll Give You the Sun! possibly my favorite book of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what everyone has been saying, so I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  2. Ok, I'll definitely get Rosie/Rainbows. I don't know if I could read PS I Love You if it makes you cry like that! I'm not good with upsetting subject matters in fiction. I have an ever growing pile of books that I'd bought at various points without realising they were about 'sad things'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!