The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Not every song that makes me nostalgic is from my childhood. For example:


First Breath After A Coma- Explosions In The Sky




I think this is one of my favourite pieces of music in the world. During my first year of university, I finally listened to my friend and bought the first season box set of Friday Night Lights. I was hooked after the first episode, shocked at the rawness that radiated from this little show that hardly anyone (over here anyway) was talking about. I couldn't understand why it wasn't on British television. One of the strenghts of the show was definitely the music, particulalry the theme tune (which used to be my alarm clock tone but I had to delete it after the series finale because it hurt to much to hear it). This piece of music by Explosions in the Sky describes perfectly how I felt watching Friday Night Lights.

Devil Town by Tony Lucca


Similar feelings towards this song. I can't really say anything else except if you've never seen Friday Night Lights- go and buy the first season!

Also, here's an article on the music of Friday Night Lights.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!