The Clasp by Sloane Crosley These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Music Makes The People Come Together Yeah

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Every time I visit The Guardian website I see a link to the Six Songs of Me Project. So, this evening I decided to check it out and ended up completing the survey. The results are here: Six Songs of Me.
Most days little bits of songs re-enter my head associated with a memory of some sort- many more than six- so for the next month or so, I will share some of these tracks. 

Firstly, since I quoted Madonna in the title it would be rude not to start with Her Madge.



Looking at the release date of this song, I was probably about 9 when it came out. It must have been on one of those compilation CDs that most kids get and I just associate it with fun times. It will always be one of my favourite Madonna tracks. I loved Frozen as a kid too. I distinctly remember seeing the video and being enthralled and I'm sure I cut the lyrics out from either Smash Hits magazine or Top of the Pops. In hindsight, I probably enjoyed it because it sounds a bit like a Eurovision song.



Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!